SAHASTRA TAL TREK
6 Days - 5 Night
* GST @18% Extra
SAHASTRA TAL TREK
Sahastra taal is a pristine lake with a set of different sized lakes and a little-explored area at an altitude of 4700m. It is said that a king performed a rite at the lake by sacrificing one thousand (sahstra) Brahma kamals to Lord Vishnu, thus the name Sahastra Taal. Apart from the local shepherds, this is an eccentric hike where few other trekkers will be visible.
* GST @18% Extra
Day 1 Arrival at Gangi Village
The trekkers arrive at Ghuttu Village through the beautiful Bhilangana valley. Various
scenic spots like Tehri lake, Dobra Chanti, and Tehri dam pass on the way from Dehradun. After a journey of 8-9 hours, you will arrive at Ghuttu village. You will meet the Discovery Hike
team at Ghuttu and further the journey will take you to the last Himalayan village – Gangi.
Overnight stay at guest house.
Day 2 Gangi to Kalyani
The second day of our trek begins with a slightly uphill trail going inside the forest with beautiful streams and mountains in the background. Today we climb around 3kms to the campsite and then spend our day exploring the blissful natural surroundings.
Day 3 Kalyani to Tadi Odyar campsite
The third day begins with early movement as today the trail length is almost 12kms and
takes a good 4-5 hours of trekking to reach. There are plenty of spots to fill water bottles and the tree lines will start to get scanty as we move above and higher. With an elevation gain of around 700 meters, we reach our campsite tadi odyar. Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 4 Tadi Odyar to Sahastra taal
From Tadi odyar , we pack up the camps after a healthy breakfast. The trekkers start
today’s journey with the excitement of reaching Sahastra Tal. We get to see small lakes even before reaching the main lake, and that itself grows the adrenaline as the backdrop becomes surreal with astounding Himalayan peaks. We reach the campsite near Sahastra Tal and have a full day left to explore the beauty of our surroundings
Day 5 Sahastra Tal to Odyar campsite
Going back from such a heavenly place is always disheartening but the memories playing in our heads bring new energy as we move back down towards our camp.
A steep decline of 5-6 hours takes us back to our campsite at Tadi odyar. Overnight
camp and halt.
Day 6 Tadi odyar to Gangi and back to ghuttu
The final day arrives and we get back to village gangi in an hour and start the journey back to Ghuttu via taxi. From Ghuttu the trekkers leave to Dehradun via shared cab or taxi. The travel cost from Ghuttu to Dehradun is not included in the trek fees and is to be paid directly to the driver
Frequently asked question
- Footwear: The trekking boots which must be waterproof and snow proof, normal boots, floaters, and woolen socks.
- Backpack: (50 ltr), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Jacket and trousers that are both waterproof and breathable. Jacket (synthetic or down feather fleece), synthetic insulated trousers, poncho, sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts
- Season wise Clothes:
- Hand and head protection includes liner gloves, bandannas, sun hats, woollen caps, and face masks, among other things.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/goggles, anti-glare lenses, water bottle, hydra bag, and headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries are all recommended.
- Trekking Gears: Toolkit for an emergency. Sunscreen, a toiletry pack, water purification pills, Ziploc packs, ear plugs, first-aid kit, and the necessary medications are all recommended.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags of lining (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius if you have one), trekking sticks, and so on.
- Warm top/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt – 2/3
- Water resistant/repellent trekking pants with an inner lining for added warmth- 2 High-quality windproof/water-resistant outer shell (jacket) with a proper hood
- Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen Jumper, Down Jacket with at least 600 fill capacity Innerwear with a thermal component (upper and lower)
- Woolen hat, inner fleece gloves, and outer water-resistant gloves
- 4–5 pairs of thick woollen socks and standard socks, scarf/muffler (optional)
- Waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes with a thick heel and high ankles that are comfortable to wear. Sneakers/sport shoes are ideal for camp.
- Poncho or raincoat. A small, light-weight towel
- A hydration pack and an insulated water bottle (optional)
- Sunglasses with UV cover and the potential to cut light, as well as a cap or floppy hat to shield the strong sun off your skin (important when traversing through snow)
- Trekking pole or sturdy walking stick Lip Balm, Sunscreen Lotion
- Flashlight / torch (with extra batteries) Medications, if any special prescription is needed Toiletries for personal use
- Carry a rain cover over your luggage • Day pack/small bag that you can carry on your back all day to keep your essentials in
- Keep a few poly bags or plastic containers in your bag to place your things in if you need to in case of heavy weather.
Personal Medical Kit (MANDATORY FOR ALL)
- 10 Diamox tablets (to prevent AMS)
- Nifedipine – 5 pills Dexamethasone – one strip
- 6 tablets of Crocin (fever)
- 4 tablets of avomine (motion sickness) 4 capsules of Avil 25mg (allergies)
- 4 tablets of Combiflam (Pain killer)
- 6 tablets each of Norflox TZ and Lomofen (diarrhea) 10 tablets of Digene (acidity)
- 10 Omez/Rantadine capsules (antacids) 3 to 5 metres of crepe bandage
- 1 tiny roll of gauze 10 strips of bandage 1 small roll of cotton 10 packets of ORS
- Moov spray Betadine or other antiseptic cream (aches, & sprains)
- If you're vulnerable to knee injuries, you should wear a knee cap. Powder with antifungal properties
- Cancellation: If a trek is cancelled at the last minute due to a natural disaster or unforeseeable circumstances (such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, attack, or bandh), Discoveryhike will have a trek voucher for the full number. The voucher can be used for the same or a different trek over the next year.
- In case you wish to cancel the trek, then please be aware of these things:
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the trek's launch date will include a complete refund.
- If you cancel within 30 and 20 days before the hike, you will get a 50% refund.
- There will be no refund if you cancel less than 20 days before the trek begins.
- Please keep in mind that if you get a refund, there will be a reduction of 4% (Cancellation charges) from the overall amount you pay. In addition, if you purchased trek insurance, you would not get a refund.
- Discoveryhike assumes no responsibility for any malfunction or injury to your clothes, supplies, or other belongings while on the trek. The trek fee covers all expenses associated with the trek from start to finish.