Stok Kangri trek
8 Days - 7 Night
* GST @ 5% Extra
Stok Kangri trek
Mount Stok Kangri is one of nature’s most breathtaking peaks, particularly for those who have always wanted to climb but never had the opportunity. To start, the highest peak in the Himlayas’ stok range is stok kangri. The first non-technical high-altitude mountaineering expedition, Stok kangri, is renowned. While it is regarded as one of the easier 6000-meter treks in the world, it is still a difficult adventure into high altitude mountaineering. This trek will provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime trekking trip.
* GST @ 5% Extra
Day 01: Leh Arrival and Hotel overnight stay.
There are some options for getting to Leh. To get here, you should drive all the way from New Delhi. You can also travel from New Delhi to Leh or take the train to Jammu and then drive the remainder of the route. Please let us know your travel arrangements when making your reservation so that we can arrange for a pick-up and switch when you arrive in town. The night will be spent in a hotel.
Day 02: Brief of the trek and shopping
On day two, you’ll start recharging your batteries in preparation for the upcoming Stok Kangri trek, as well as acclimating to the cold, high altitude, and decreasing oxygen levels. You should still use your spare time to walk around town and hear about the local community. You can enjoy the raw beauty of the Ladakh plateau, shop at local markets, or visit one of the many Buddhist stupas and monasteries in the region. In the evening, head to your hotel for another overnight stay in town.
Day 03: Arrival at Stok village from Leh.
Begin your journey to Mankarmo (13,940 feet/4,250 meters). The duration of the trek is expected to be 4-5 hours. The weekend will be spent in tents. This day will expose Ladakh’s true beauty and justify why it is known as the “cold desert.” While trekking, you can cross 2-3 small streams, it is a reasonably simple trek along the river, and you can enjoy the overnight stay in tents.
Day 04: Stok Kangri Base Camp trekking
It is predicted that the trek will take between 2 and 3 hours. The remainder of the day will be devoted to summit preparations. The Stok Kangri trek will take you to the summit’s base camp in the next segment. It would be a difficult climb because the oxygen levels will drop as you reach altitude. The whole journey will take you over rugged and narrow mountain paths. While climbing and breathing will be challenging, the stunning scenery will compensate and make this a wonderful excursion. After passing a hissing waterfall, the track will get wider and easier, but it will continue to ascend.
Day 05: Slow walk and back to Base Camp.
Despite the fact that it does not involve any climbing, this is one of the most enjoyable days of your journey. The rest has been provided so that you can begin to acclimate to the atmosphere and topographical conditions while still having the details you need for summit climbing. Your guide or team leader will brief you on the different challenges and hazards you can face throughout the climb. Make sure you’re wearing snow boots so you can dig your feet into the warm snow. Inquire about the trek’s itinerary, the landscape in the area, and what you’ll need to do or bring with you. After the briefing, explore the town, take pictures, relax, and then enjoy another overnight.
Day 06: Summit
In the morning, another day of long and strenuous mountaineering begins. The journey will be broken into several smaller sections, with rest stops in between, due to the duration of the journey. Your trip will start here and finish at a glacier. The climb will begin with a long and steep ascent, followed by a gradual decline in elevation gain. When you meet the mighty ice river that runs from the summit, the slopes and climb will be gentle. The glacier is reached after a three-hour walk from the base camp.
Day 07: Stok Village Trek.
The duration of the trek is expected to be 4-5 hours. Take the path that leads to Leh. Stay the night with us. The last 12 kilometers of your Stok Kangri trek will take you to the village of Stok. Return to Leh by van after arriving in the village. Transfer to your hotel and sleep until you arrive in town.
Day 08: Goodbye day after breakfast.
We’ll serve breakfast until the party breaks up in the morning. Take a bus or taxi to New Delhi from the airport to catch your connecting flight.
Frequently asked question
- Footwear: The trekking boots which must be waterproof and snow proof, normal boots, floaters, and woolen socks.
- Backpack: (50 ltr), Daypack (20-30 ltr), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Jacket and trousers that are both waterproof and breathable. Jacket (synthetic or down feather fleece), synthetic insulated trousers, poncho, sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts
- Season wise Clothes:
- Hand and head protection includes liner gloves, bandannas, sun hats, woollen caps, and face masks, among other things.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/goggles, anti-glare lenses, water bottle, hydra bag, and headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries are all recommended.
- Trekking Gears: Toolkit for an emergency. Sunscreen, a toiletry pack, water purification pills, Ziploc packs, ear plugs, first-aid kit, and the necessary medications are all recommended.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags of lining (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius if you have one), trekking sticks, and so on.
- Warm top/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt – 2/3
- Water resistant/repellent trekking pants with an inner lining for added warmth- 2 High-quality windproof/water-resistant outer shell (jacket) with a proper hood
- Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen Jumper, Down Jacket with at least 600 fill capacity Innerwear with a thermal component (upper and lower)
- Woolen hat, inner fleece gloves, and outer water-resistant gloves
- 4–5 pairs of thick woollen socks and standard socks, scarf/muffler (optional)
- Waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes with a thick heel and high ankles that are comfortable to wear. Sneakers/sport shoes are ideal for camp.
- Poncho or raincoat. A small, light-weight towel
- A hydration pack and an insulated water bottle (optional)
- Sunglasses with UV cover and the potential to cut light, as well as a cap or floppy hat to shield the strong sun off your skin (important when traversing through snow)
- Trekking pole or sturdy walking stick Lip Balm, Sunscreen Lotion
- Flashlight / torch (with extra batteries) Medications, if any special prescription is needed Toiletries for personal use
- Carry a rain cover over your luggage • Day pack/small bag that you can carry on your back all day to keep your essentials in
- Keep a few poly bags or plastic containers in your bag to place your things in if you need to in case of heavy weather.
Personal Medical Kit (MANDATORY FOR ALL)
- 10 Diamox tablets (to prevent AMS)
- Nifedipine – 5 pills Dexamethasone – one strip
- 6 tablets of Crocin (fever)
- 4 tablets of avomine (motion sickness) 4 capsules of Avil 25mg (allergies)
- 4 tablets of Combiflam (Pain killer)
- 6 tablets each of Norflox TZ and Lomofen (diarrhea) 10 tablets of Digene (acidity)
- 10 Omez/Rantadine capsules (antacids) 3 to 5 metres of crepe bandage
- 1 tiny roll of gauze 10 strips of bandage 1 small roll of cotton 10 packets of ORS
- Moov spray Betadine or other antiseptic cream (aches, & sprains)
- If you're vulnerable to knee injuries, you should wear a knee cap. Powder with antifungal properties
- Cancellation: If a trek is cancelled at the last minute due to a natural disaster or unforeseeable circumstances (such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, attack, or bandh), Discoveryhike will have a trek voucher for the full number. The voucher can be used for the same or a different trek over the next year.
- In case you wish to cancel the trek, then please be aware of these things:
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the trek's launch date will include a complete refund.
- If you cancel within 30 and 20 days before the hike, you will get a 50% refund.
- There will be no refund if you cancel less than 20 days before the trek begins.
- Please keep in mind that if you get a refund, there will be a reduction of 4% (Cancellation charges) from the overall amount you pay. In addition, if you purchased trek insurance, you would not get a refund.
- Discoveryhike assumes no responsibility for any malfunction or injury to your clothes, supplies, or other belongings while on the trek. The trek fee covers all expenses associated with the trek from start to finish.